WAC 173-350 The purpose of this reduction and recycling rule is to protect public health, to prevent land, air, and water pollution, and conserve the state's natural, economic, and energy resources by:
- Setting minimum functional performance standards for the proper handling and disposal of solid waste originating from residences, commercial, agricultural and industrial operations and other sources;
- Identifying those functions necessary to assure effective solid waste handling programs at both the state and local level;
- Following the priorities for the management of solid waste as set by the legislature in chapter 70.95 RCW, Solid waste management -- Reduction and recycling.
- Describing the responsibility of persons, municipalities, regional agencies, state and local government related to solid waste;
- Requiring solid waste handling facilities to be located, designed, constructed, operated and closed in accordance with this chapter;
- Promoting regulatory consistency by establishing statewide minimum standards for solid waste Handling; and
- Encouraging the development and operation of waste recycling facilities and activities needed to